Refund Policy of The Canberra Racing Club Incorporated (CRC).
The Refund Policy below sets out the terms in which a ticket purchaser may be eligible for a refund, or part thereof, and does not seek to limit any Consumer rights applicable under applicable Australian Law, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
All refunds are subject to the conditions of this Refund Policy as set out below.
1. CRC reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or alter Events including but not limited to race meetings and races at any time. CRC does not guarantee that a particular event will take place at the time and date advertised. Circumstances may require that amendments to (or cancellation of) Events may be required from time to time.
2. If an Event is cancelled or rescheduled before the start time, ticket purchasers may do the following:- a. request to exchange tickets for an equivalent Event by returning the tickets to CRC within two business days of the cancelled or rescheduled Event. CRC will, at its sole discretion, provide the exchange. An equivalent Event means a carnival race meeting, another race meeting during the same carnival or a standard race meeting or another standard race meeting and must be in the same racing year calendar; or b. return the tickets to CRC within 14 days of the cancelled Event to obtain a full refund of the price paid for the tickets, excluding any booking charges.
3. A ticket will not be refunded and the ticket purchaser will not be entitled to any refund or compensation from CRC if:- a. an Event is completed early for any reason; or b. if entrance to an Event is delayed, including but not limited to reasons of public transport, road closures, other means of transportation, security inspections or other any external factors outside of CRC’s control.
4. No refunds will be available 30 days prior to a scheduled Event.
5. CRC is not obligated to provide an exchange or refund where the ticket purchaser is unable or chooses not to attend the Event, or where the ticket purchaser has been refused entry or is evicted from the Event for any reason. Please refer to the CRC’s General Terms and Conditions for further information.
6. In the unfortunate event that a ticket is stolen, CRC will require a written request to have them replaced (at least one week prior to the Event). CRC takes no responsibility for lost or stolen tickets. As a result, no guarantee is given that replacements will be re-issued. No one other than the ticket purchaser can request a reissue or replacement of a ticket.
7. Only the original ticket purchaser will be entitled to a refund. If the details of the ticket holder provided with any refund application do not match the details of the ticket purchaser held in relation to the original purchase of the ticket or tickets, no refund will be paid under any circumstances.
8. CRC will not be required to refund any fees or charges paid in addition to the ticket value of the ticket, for example, any service or delivery fee, merchant charges or other foreign exchange charges. No interest or costs will be payable in respect of any monies refunded.
9. CRC will not be liable for any associated costs, expenses or loss including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss, such as for travel to the Event or any accommodation costs. No refunds will be payable in relation to any tickets which, for whatever reason, were provided free of charge.
10. CRC shall not have any responsibility for charges incurred from banks or any other third party charges.
11. CRC cannot provide refunds or any form of compensation for tickets purchased through nonauthorised ticket sellers.
12. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale without the written permission of CRC, used for commercial, advertising or promotional purposes in connection with other goods or services. If this condition is breached it may result in termination of the ticket and refusal of entry to the ticket purchaser.
13. If a ticket purchaser wishes to cancel a booking, they must provide notice of cancellation in writing to an events representative. The following penalties apply:- a. if cancellation is received within thirty (30) days or more from the Event date, the ticket purchaser may receive the option, at CRC’s sole discretion, to transfer the booking to another date, with payments received transferred across to secure the new date, resulting in no penalty to the ticket purchaser; or b. if cancellation is received less than thirty (30) days of Event date, payments received will be retained with no option to transfer to a rescheduled booking. All payments received by a ticket purchaser for bookings are non-refundable. Refunds will not be offered at any stage for cancellations.
14. CRC reserves the right to make amendments to this Refund Policy from time to time at its sole discretion and without notice. All refunds will be determined in accordance with this Refund Policy in place at the time of your purchase.
15. If you believe you have a valid enquiry in relation to a request for a refund or exchange, please write to Canberra Racing Club , PO Box 275, Mitchell ACT 2911 to have your request considered on an individual basis. CRC will confirm if a refund or exchange is available.