Managed by Canberra Racing Club (CRC)
The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering Thoroughbred Park
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags and personal items brought into or taken out of the venue.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to Thoroughbred Park will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Persons who have lawfully gained entry and pass their tickets/badges to others outside the venue will be evicted and have any tickets/badges involved confiscated.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by CRC officials or staff will be evicted.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from Thoroughbred Park by patrons.
- Persons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure at Thoroughbred Park will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons should note that children under the age of eighteen must be supervised by a legal guardian at all times.
- Patrons who throw articles onto the racing surface or gain unauthorised entry onto the racetracks will be evicted and will be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio & visual and remains the property of CRC to use at its discretion.
- Patrons bringing personal items into Thoroughbred Park do so at their own risk and CRC will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Due to safety concerns to patrons and horses, umbrellas may not be brought into the venue.
- Patrons are admitted at their own risk.
- Any unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface is not permitted.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration.
Refusal of Entry
- For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and / or disorderly or suspected to be under the influence of illegal substances
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised or warned off persons
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited item into Thoroughbred Park.
Restricted / Prohibited Items
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into Thoroughbred Park:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, or breakable containers.
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers, knives, dangerous weapons or any device that has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns.
- Spray cans or compressed air canisters.
- All animals except guiding or hearing animals.
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles.
- Recording devices (for commercial purposes).
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage.
- Any items or goods for sale unless approved by management.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into Thoroughbred Park:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption
- Unopened non-alcoholic beverages.
Designated Smoking Areas
Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
All persons entering Thoroughbred Park are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the ACT Liquor Act 2010.
Note – These conditions of entry maybe subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will conditions will be Displayed at each point of entry.