Members Announcement Regarding Canberra Racing Club Race Meetings
It is with much excitement that the Club can announce three exciting announcements for future race meetings at Thoroughbred Park from Friday 21 August 2020 inclusive and onwards:
1. The Members only tipping competition will return from 21 August 2020 at a starting prize pool of $19,000;
2. If a Member who tips the most winners out of all entries but not all six is pre booked into hospitality on course, they will win $500. If multiple entries have the highest number of wins the same as each other, which is less than six, no prize is distributed for the meeting (e.g. if two members tip five winners no prize is distributed for that meeting); and
3. The Canberra Racing Club will now be welcoming the public back to races as of the 21 August race meeting.
Members, Owners and Sponsors have priority booking for the 21 August race meeting, until 5pm on Friday 14 August.
Members, Owners and Sponsors will have an additional window of 5 business days (17-21 August) to priority book all future 2020 race days (including Melbourne Cup).
Under the current COVID-19 regulations of 1 in 4 persons social distancing in place and in accordance with our approval by the ACT Chief Health Officer we have approval for capacity in the following rooms:
Black Opal Room (Members, Members Guests and Owners Only) - 100 Patrons, up to bookings of 4 people, two course menu with cashless bar, $40 per person
Rich Reward Room - 66 Patrons, up to bookings of 4 people, hot food available for purchase and $10 bar credit, $10 per person
Silks Room - 100 Patrons, up to bookings of 10 people, two course menu and 5 hour beverage package, $90.00 per person
St Covets Row Marquee -100 Patrons, on application
Please note, this is not a return to normal race days with some member benefits still suspended at this time. Black Opal room will remain as a Members, Members Guests and Owners only room.
- Friday 4 September Silks Room is now booked out
- Friday 8 September
- Wednesday 30 September
- Friday 9 October Silks Room is now booked out
- Friday 23 October Silks Room is now booked out
- Tuesday 3 November Rich Reward Room is now booked out
- Sunday 15 November
- Friday 27 November
- Sunday 13 December
- Tuesday 29 December
There is no limit to the number of race meets you may pre-book but payment will be required at the time of booking. Bookings are limited to the max table numbers as stated above.
Members of the public will have a booking window of 3 business days prior to the 21 August race day to secure their place on this day.
From the 22nd August all future 2020 race meetings are open to all members, owners, sponsors and public for pre-bookings until the end of 2020.