Thoroughbred Park & the Canberra Racing Club offer a diverse range of employment opportunities in the following areas;
- Ground Staff
- Equine Services (this does not include horse training services)
About our club
- We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all skill levels and interests.
- We are committed to offering training opportunities through registered training organisations.
- We encourage people with a disability to apply
- We promote a culture that supports and encourages our staff to continually develop their skills
- We support local not for profit community groups as part of our service delivery to our clients
If you would like to be notified of any positions vacant or would like to send in your resume for future consideration please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Canberra Racing Club is seeking a full-time Administration Officer to work in its small but busy office located at Thoroughbred Park – Canberra Racecourse.
The Canberra Racing Club conducts 25 Thoroughbred horse race meetings per annum and runs a function & convention centre and a race horse training centre at Thoroughbred Park.
Applicants should have strong organisational and communication skills and a high standard of computer literacy. Proficiency with payroll, membership database and function booking management programs is highly desirable.
The position, working with executive management, involves a wide range of duties including:
- Liaising with executive management
- The efficient running of the office
- Customer service
- Preparing reports
- Recording meeting minutes
The position is 9am to 5pm five days per week (longer hours may be required on race days), there is a requirement for weekend work when a race meeting falls on a weekend or public holiday (four times per annum) for which a day in lieu is granted.
A salary in the range of $50-$65k will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information and to obtain a full job description please contact Andrew Clark on 02 6204 0000 or at email@example.com
Applications must include a CV and a covering letter outlining availability, relevant work experience and a brief explanation of your interest in working for the Canberra Racing Club. Applications must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday 10 July 2020.