All that is happening for Black Opal Stakes Sunday 10 March
Record prize money of $766,000 featuring four Listed races.
• $250,000 Kamberra Wine Company Black Opal Stakes – 2yr olds set weights plus pen - 1200 metres. 40th Anniversary
.• $200,000 ACTTAB Canberra Centenary Cup – open quality handicap - 2000 metres. 75th Anniversary
.• $100,000 Mercedes Benz Canberra National Sprint – open quality handicap - 1400 metres
• $100,000 Affinity Construction Management Canberra Guineas – set weights + penalties – 1400 metres
$50,000 Camarena Open Quality Handicap 1000 metres and three races of $22,000.
Nominations for Canberra’s Black Opal Stakes and Canberra Cup race meeting on Sunday 10 March close on Tuesday at 11am with RISA.
Racing and Entertainment Extravaganza
• Myer Fashions on the Field – record prize value $20,000
• Girls Girls Girls Trick & Stunt Riders
• XXXX Angels & XXXX Retreat
• Concert by band Evermore
• Joint ticket Brumbies/Waratahs & Black Opal $30
• Local band Hold Harbour sing Centenary Happy Birthday
• F13 Diageo outdoor bar area
• Centenary Hot Air Balloon
• Zap Zone Merry Go Round and Face Painting
• Free buses from Thoroughbred Park to Dickson, City and Siren Bar Gungahlin
• Fool Factory
• Children Under 18 years free admission
• Black Opal trophy includes a genuine Black Opal jewellery peice.
• International Designer Jayson Brunsdon judging Myer Fashions on the field along with Laura Dundovic, previous Miss Universe Australia.
• Official charity - Pegasus Riding for the Disabled.
•Entertainment for the whole family.
• Canberra’s oldest event, the Canberra Cup, first run in 1926.
• Black Opal Stakes in its 40th year.
• This years Canberra Cup will be known as the ACTTAB Canberra Centenary Cup.
• Crowd will be asked to sing Happy Birthday to Canberra.