3 year membership – receive one year free
Members can claim a food & beverage voucher which is equivalent to their annual membership fee
- Full Member $90 $90 food & beverage voucher
- Senior Member $60 $60 food & beverage voucher
- Young Member $60 $60 food & beverage voucher
- Full 3 Year Member $180 $60 food & beverage voucher each of the 3 years
- Senior 3 Year Member $120 $40 food & beverage voucher for each of the 3 years
(To claim the food & beverage voucher members must present the relevant pull out voucher from the membership booklet to the Admin Office where a voucher will be issued).
Associate Cards have been replaced by Guest Cards which are $10 more than the applicable member category
- Full Member Guest Card $100
- Senior Member Guest Card $90
- Young Member Guest Card $90 (note: Young Members previously were not offered Associate Cards)
Following is an extract of the letter sent to members with renewal notices
This year the members’ benefits have changed with members being offered a Food & Beverage voucher to the equivalent value of the annual membership fee, for example, if you purchase, an annual membership for $90 you can claim a $90 Food & Beverage voucher, or a senior or young membership for $60 can claim a $60 Food & Beverage voucher. Food & Beverage vouchers are redeemable at any race meeting and at any permanent food (excludes temporary food vendors) and bar outlets and a running tally is recorded on your voucher, full details of the food & beverage voucher are contained in the Membership Booklet (which will be posted when you renew your membership).
There are many possible positive outcomes for the Club, and generally Thoroughbred Racing in the ACT, through increased full membership. Some of the outcomes include, but are not limited to, promotion in various submissions to Government and Corporate Bodies, increased participation in Committee elections, a wider base on which to draw future Committee Members and possibly improving the gender imbalance.
To assist in achieving these outcomes Committee have adopted the strategy of encouraging current members who hold associates cards to encourage those people who use the associate card to become full members by discontinuing the associate badge option. This will be a benefit for the Club and also for the new member by receiving the full value of the membership back in a Food & Beverage voucher as outlined above and added benefits such as reciprocal rights with other Clubs, voting rights and member discounts on beverages.
For those Members who wish to invite a guest to race meetings annually or to occasional race meetings the following guest options are still available:
- Purchase an annual Guest Card which is $10 more than the base membership fee (conditions apply).
- Purchase up to two guest passes for Melbourne Cup day for $50 each (gate admission is additional).
- Purchase up to two guest passes for Black Opal Stakes day for $50 each (gate admission is additional).
- For any other race meeting purchases a day guest pass for $10.
The Members’ Race Day function which was previously held on the Saturday race meeting in March will not be continued on the basis that the Food & Beverage voucher provided to members returns the full value of member subscriptions to all members.
If there is any aspect of the new member arrangements that is not clear please call the Club and staff will be happy to explain.